Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Christian Science Monitor?

I was walking downtown Ann Arbor the other day, and saw a sign for Christian Science Monitor. I realized I was confused about this name. Do they monitor christian science? If so, then I can't imagine what that might be. Or do they monitor science done only by christians? If so, it seems as an amazingly scientific way to choose which science to talk about. I suppose one might say that christians are monitoring all science, but I'm not sure that is what the title suggests. Maybe I don't get it, being a foreigner and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another U.S.-born religion! The Christian Science Monitor is a daily newspaper that emphasizes coverage of world events (as opposed to emphasizing U.S. events) as an outgrowth of the philosophy of the religion. The newspaper is actually fairly well respected as a source of world news. There might be some meaningful information about Christian Science at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science